FORMS OF HYPNOTHERAPY
According to The Dictionary of Occupational Titles, a hypnotherapist is a professional that facilitates change in an individual through the clinical use of the brain wave state referred to as hypnosis. Despite its sometimes-dubious reputation by those influenced by television and movies, hypnosis is a very natural state. When compared to other methods, it is the most effective technique to address weight loss, habit control, past trauma removal, and limiting behaviors.
Hypnosis has been a powerful tool for change for centuries. It has been used to heal the sick, the afflicted, the unstable, and the dis-eased. Today, it is used for so much more. It is helpful in pulling people out of limitation and into possibility, into strength, joy, and fulfillment. Hypnosis is also a powerful manifestation tool, and can help manifest dreams and desires.
FORMS OF HYPNOTHERAPY
- Neuro-Linguistic Hypnotherapy®: Neuro-Linguistic Hypnotherapy® is the most powerful and versatile form of hypnotherapy, as it combines the best of the following recognized forms of hypnotherapy in dynamic ways. A course in Neuro-Linguistic Hypnotherapy™ teaches you the language of the unconscious mind. This allows you to take advantage of the power of hypnosis in a variety of mental states – from normal conversation to the deepest level of trance – making it an effective tool for personal total life enrichment, and for anyone in health-care, counseling, coaching or business.
- Clinical Hypnosis: Clinical Hypnosis is a medically recognized process designed to produce states that are more responsive to suggestions and treatments. It is in this trance state that the creative parts of the mind begin to utilize the suggestions given to stimulate the desired learning and positive change.
- Ericksonian Hypnosis: Ericksonian Hypnosis is based on the miraculous work of Dr. Milton Erickson, generally acknowledged to be the world’s leading practitioner of medical hypnosis. For many years, he had been developing effective and practical methods of treatment which may or may not involve the formal induction of trance. His writings on hypnosis are the authoritative word on techniques to induce trance, experimental work exploring the possibilities and limits of the hypnotic experience, and investigations of the nature of the relationship between hypnotist and subject. Those who think of him largely as a hypnotherapist might be surprised that he had listed himself in the telephone directory as a psychiatrist and family counselor.
- Mesmerism: Mesmerism, named after the father of hypnosis, Franz Anton Mesmer, uses the universal life force energy to create deep states of trance and to heal physical and emotional disturbances in the body. Dr. Mesmer believed that good health was a result of the harmonious ebb and flow of a magnetic fluid within the body, and that disease was the result of a blockage of this fluid. He believed that since the heavenly bodies of the universe affected areas of the earth (like the moon affects tidal movements of the ocean), this universal influence must also affect the animals upon the earth. This fluid he called, Gravitas, or animal magnetism.
- Neuro-Linguistic Programming (NLP): Neuro-Linguistic Programming (NLP) is a revolutionary approach to human inter & intra communication and human potential development. It is based on the startling discovery that by changing how you think, you can reconstruct what you think, and that influences your feelings, behavior, and the eventual results you receive. NLP literally “reprograms” your mind and thus your life – for improved learning, better relationships, and higher achievement.
- TimeLine Coaching™: TimeLine Coaching™ is a highly regenerative process that allows us to gain control over our lives quickly and painlessly. Limiting decisions like “I am not good enough” or “I’ll never make it” create false limitations that hinder our ability to obtain reachable goals. A branch of NLP, TimeLine Coaching™ techniques enable us to clear all these unresourceful emotions quickly and effectively. As the name implies, TimeLine Coaching™ works with the process our mind uses to maintain the concept of time. NLP refers to this process as our neurological time line. Recognizing and knowing how to work effectively with our timelines allows us to clear up current perceived limitations that originated in our past and manifest our desired present and literally create our futures.
- Reiki: Reiki is the Japanese phrase for “Universal life energy” or, in Takata Sensei’s words, “God-power.” The word, Reiki, is sometimes used to refer to the Usui System of Reiki Healing. Reiki is often used interchangeably for the energy and in speaking of the System without distinction. This causes confusion for students and the public alike. Hypnosis and Reiki have similar roots. Around the time Dr. Mikao Usui re-discovered Reiki from 2500-year-old Tibetan Sanskrit Sutras, Dr. Franz Mesmer (the Father of Hypnosis) was successfully using similar energetic healing methods. These methods are referred to as Mesmerism or Magnetism. Even though most Mesmerists enjoyed greater successes than hypnotists, scientists denied the energy aspects, and eventually the terms Mesmerism and hypnotism became synonymous. Reiki is an excellent means of reviving this healing art.
- Alchemical Hypnotherapy: Alchemical Hypnotherapy combines the use of insight, emotional release, and emotional clearing to help find and transform any imagery which may be causing discomfort or difficulty. The science of alchemy is known to transform lead to gold, or worthless to precious, thus contributing to the name of this form of hypnotherapy.
- Transpersonal Hypnosis: Transpersonal Hypnosis is used as a tool to access the subconscious mind and the higher self. It can help uncover unresolved issues and release restrictive emotions and memories so you can regain balance and control of your life.